Sunday, July 3, 2011

One

We actually found out it was one on Friday morning when the nurse coordinator called. But today we got an email from the lab, confirming the embryo is still going strong and they biopsied the cell for CGH today. They'll freeze it on Wednesday (day 6 since they want it to be a blast and we just took one cell out...)

Oddly, Dr. Sh.er told my husband on Thursday that he got two eggs, but the lab report this morning said there were 3. Apparently only one was mature (this is not uncommon for us, and not surprising given this uneven cycle).

I'm home as of Friday - doing lots of loads of laundry and enjoying not-105-degree weather. Waiting for my period, which should be imminent, then I go back on BCP in prep for IVF 5.2.

Happy 4th of July (slightly early over here on the west coast. :)

9 comments:

  1. great news that your one embryo is going strong and is able to sent for biopsy. always thinking of you and wishing you well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and praying for that little embabie to stay strong...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's a PGD normal little guy!!! @ more cycles and hopefully one of the 3-5 embabies will be THE ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news that you have one strong embryo! Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news Braving IVF...and with two more cycles along the way I am so incredibly hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best of luck and sending all the positive vibes to your little embryo to stay strong and keep growing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad there is one going strong. Hoping for great results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I wanted to thank you for the comments and encouragement you've been leaving on my blog. We really do have such similar histories and I am really rooting for you! I am sending good vibes to your little embryo to keep going strong! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been in the one egg car. In one of our transfers, the nurses would ask how many we were transferring - you know, making small talk. I could see the thought cross their face "oh, and such a nice couple - too bad they only have one". Just be ready for it and steady yourself against it.

    One is all it takes, said the pregnant woman who transferred only one last cycle.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete