Saturday, April 7, 2012

2ww #6

Update: embarrassingly, I miscounted - this is my 6th IVF 2ww... Title and post updated to reflect that.

Had the FET yesterday. The (genetically perfect) blast was graded 5AC and was about 70% hatched when the transfer happened. Our RE said that meant it would probably be fully hatched and ready to implant by yesterday evening.

I had a few twinges last night and was overall a little more crampy than usual all afternoon (usually I'm not crampy after a transfer). Took it easy on the couch (watched the first two episodes of Season 2 of Downton Abbey with my husband - love that show) and stayed quiet. Had a lazy morning and am now up and about but keeping it low-key.

My husband has been more emotional about this transfer than I have. He was teary at the FET, and again last night. He wants this so much, and it's been such a long journey for us...

This is our 6th IVF-related 2ww, our 2nd FET, and our 8th attempt (2 cancelled cycles in there). I'm glad FETs are so much easier, and faster - it's been less than a month since we found out the last one didn't work (that was on March 11).

Beta is on Monday the 16th. I know I've always been strongly anti-POAS, but it worked out well last time to POAS the morning of beta - better to get the negative there than be on pins and needles all day for a negative phone call. I'll be using my local lab since it's a weekday, too.

9 comments:

  1. Oh good luck! I am hoping with every fiber of my being that this works for you this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck.. I just went through my first ivf cycle. I had 2 embryos transferred last Sunday. One more week of waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoping and praying for you sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Hoping so very hard that this works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you! Good luck.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed for a successful FET. I hope this is it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed and sending you all my best vibes. *please let this be it*!! Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed for this time!!! I hop this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really hoping that you will pre-empt the phone call with the most joyful news. Keeping my hopes up for you.

    ReplyDelete