Friday, January 27, 2012

CD1

Finally! On what would have otherwise been CD61, my period finally started. I've never had this long a cycle and was getting extra frustrated with my body's lack of cooperation.

I promptly emailed my clinic, to let them know, and I got a quick response with my prescriptions for this cycle, and with my calendar. Even though my RE told me it's 3 weeks to transfer, it'll apparently be 4 weeks. I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound and bloodwork, go in 2/8 for bloodwork, go in 2/19 for bloodwork and ultrasound, and the FET is scheduled for 3/1. Which is horribly late compared to when we thought it would be after our fresh donor cycle failed, but at least we have a date we should be able to rely on...

We'll be transferring one of our two perfect frozen embryos from the first donor cycle in this FET.

Meanwhile, we're waiting for our donor's CD1 so she can get started on cycle #2 for us. It'll take her about 6 weeks, so probably she'll be having her retrieval about 2-3 weeks after my transfer. Hopefully we'll get a handful of perfect embryos to add to our stash so we can create and build our family without having to do more fresh cycles. I'm so ready to be done with this.

In Google Reader, I have separate folders for IF, Expecting, and Parents. I now always have more new posts to read in each of Expecting and Parents, than in IF.  It's getting really old. It's been more than a year since I was last pregnant, and 2011 felt like a waste in the IF department (apart from our two frosties), not to mention our most expensive TTC year yet. It's fucking depressing when I think about it, so I try not to.

Kind of a weird post, I guess. I'm happy to finally be able to move forward with this FET, but I'm so frustrated at a deep, deep level about IF and my lessening ability to be hopeful. We had one perfect embryo not implant, who's to say that one of these two will. Ugh.

In other news, our puppy got spayed yesterday. Thankfully she's recovering easily and apart from moving up and down stairs more slowly, doesn't seem very affected by it all. That said, she was VERY happy to see us when we picked her up at the vet yesterday evening.

For a blast of good news to end this mostly depressing post, Jay had her son today - congrats, Jay!




10 comments:

  1. At least were moving forward!!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dates are good. You've got a plan now, so best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a date is good! Wishing you all of the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news! Wishing you luck on your next few weeks until FET

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally is right! Glad you have a plan now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed Brave IVF Girl...somethings got to give sooner or later!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you the very best of luck on this FET - I agree with Lisa, something's got to give, and I hope it is sooner rather than later. Hang in there, you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi- new to your blog. I'm so sorry you have has such a rough road so far. I was reading your TTC history, and it looks like you have had a few immune system related issues as well as problems with implantation. A vitamin D deficiency is strongly linked to both, and moreoever, around 91 % of infertile women are deficient, and a lot of evidence now suggests that fixing this deficiency can spell the difference between success and failure in many cases.

    If you had not had a Vitamin D testing done, it might be a good idea to do so.

    Best of luck with this FET!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try going as long as you can. If you have faith pray for Peace and let it wash over you. Im currently recovering today from egg retreival 2 we will be on transfer 4. We to had 2 failed at 6 weeks and 9 weeks. We will do PGD this time and transfer on 5th day after PGD results. Im praying we will have a better chance. I feel for you and best wishes

    ReplyDelete